A very kind colleague of mine has lent me his Raspberry Pi, so that I can have a little play with it. Here it is being hooked up on my workbench:
I used the standard Debian 'squeeze' image, since that's what I've been messing about with recently. After checking that I had internet access, I went off and installed the mono runtime, like this:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install mono-runtime
...after doing that I ran the C# webserver example that I had already written - and it works a treat! I didn't compile the code on the Raspberry Pi, I simply copied the exe file over and ran it with the mono command. The code was compiled in monodevelop running on Debian in VirtualBox.
Anyway, here is another photo, taken when I was first cheking that I could get online. Umm, I need to tidy up in here again.
More reports will follow I'm sure...